Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Little Xander

I am 27 weeks (six months and 3 weeks) this week! My belly has finally started to grow enough to where I look pregnant! My belly button has started to pop out a little bit when I laugh, and its the silliest thing I've ever seen. :) I always crack up when it happens because David will point it out and I get embarrassed and that makes it worse! Haha. Here I am at about 25 weeks:


We have decided to name him Xander, but we havent figured out a middle name for him yet. Its really hard trying to decide on something that will be so important to our child! If you could see him this week, he weighs close to two pounds and is about 14 and a half inches long from head to toe. He's as big as a head of cauliflower this week. His brain is very active now and he should be blinking and "breathing" in lots of amniotic fluid so he can taste everything I eat, so he will come out loving pizza and Chinese food! :) He's gonna be the cutest little baby ever! He may be starting to suck his thumb around this time too and the nostrils are opening up...they have been plugged up until the last couple of weeks.
We have been feeling him move around like crazy and could even see the legs kicking around during the last ultrasound. It was incredible to watch and I am still amazed every time I see my belly jump when he moves. He moves a lot at all hours of the day and night and isn't shy when someone tries to feel him move. I think everybody that has put their hand on my belly has felt him going crazy and sometimes he kicks so hard that I think whoever is touching my belly is messing with me. I'll say "did you do that or the baby?" :)
We are so happy, and Grayson is excited to have a little brother!
Here are the ultrasound pictures from April 1st:

1 comment:

Ashley said...

So excited for y'all!!! He is going to be so handsome. I love the ultrasound pictures. They all look great! The belly button thing is hilarious. Butch always made fun of mine too!