Saturday, January 24, 2009

2nd Visit

We went to see Dr. Orso again on Jan 14th! They took six vials of my blood for all the prenatal testing stuff they do. The needle looked like it was as big as a toothpick and it kinda hurt!They will call me if anything is wrong, otherwise we will find out at the next visit. The baby seems to be doing great! It has a heartbeat of 175 and mine was only 75! We heard it on a microphone that he put way down on the bottom of my belly. I've been getting nauseated about twice a day now since not long after we found out, but the doc says that it there's something magic about week 14, but I still seem to be pretty nauseous sometimes and now I have been having heartburn too. I'm in week 15 now and this pic was taken at about 12 1/2 weeks. We had some problems getting the belly picture on the computer, so I'm a little behind, but I will update after the 16 week visit!












At week 13 the baby should have fingerprints and a digestive system (oh my) and is about 3 inches long and weighs around an ounce. The vocal cords are forming now - getting ready early to keep us up at night! :) All of this seems like its happening so fast! We are so excited! Mom always tells my belly goodbye and lets the baby know that Grammy loves him/her :) David is being so sweet and patient with all my symptoms, he just gives me lotsa love and support! I love him so much! He's going to make a great daddy for our precious little angel!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow, the heartbeat is high!! You might be having a little girl...I know its a 50/50 chance on the heartbeat thing. They say if it's over 140 it will be a girl, but don't get your hopes up on that old wives tale. Our little man was over 140 every time and he is a boy! But you may get lucky. So excited for you! Let me know when you get to schedule your ultrasound to find out what you're having. It's so exciting! Hope your nausea gets better as you get further into the second trimester. It's the best trimester of them all! Have fun! Love you, Ashley & Baby Rylan =)

Ashley said...

Meg, you need to post some more pictures of your belly and give us updates on your little peanut!! I'm so curious as to what's going on with ya! Love you!